Thursday, September 13, 2012

One of the many hats I wear is Program Director at the fabulous Fictionista Workshop (www.fictionistaworkshop.com) for a series called Courting the Classics. If you have any aspirations as a writer and you haven't heard of FW, you're really missing out! Amongst many other things, FW offers writing prompts, book reviews, workshops and collectives to help a writer polish his or her manuscript, and helpful writing tips.My program encourages people to read classics with 'real people' reviews of books that someone might have tried to make you read, but you're afraid will just make your head ache. THEY DON'T. Well, most of them...

Anyhoo, this month Courting the Classics is focusing on classic dystopian fiction, and I've reviewed the modern classic The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood.




Seriously good, seriously timely. This book has the power to make me shudder each time I use my debit card--read the review and see why:

http://www.fictionistaworkshop.com/our_programs/courting-the-classics-the-handmaids-tale-by-margaret-atwood/



No comments:

Post a Comment