Wednesday, September 19, 2012

...BLOG TAG!

I heard about this wonderful game from Helen Mallory at SheWrites.com.  Helen is the author of the just-published short story,  "Casual Day at the Crazy House,"  and a fine writer. 




Without further ado, here are my answers to ten questions about Cocktails & Dreams:


Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

What was the working title of your book?
It was always Cocktails & Dreams, mostly because I have a terrible time coming up with titles! My current WIP is the first wherein I changed the title after the book was finished and in edits.
 
Where did the idea come from for the book?
The germ of the first idea came from a conversation with an old college friend. She pointed out that a very handsome member of our rowing team had a thing for me (that I missed entirely) during my Freshman year. I thought back, and saw so many ways I was a complete idiot. Then my writer brain asked that fateful question, "What if..."


 
What genre does your book fall under?
Contemporary romance
 
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Toughie! If I could jump back a decade or so (lol), I'd say Thomas Gibson (who my handsome rower closely resembled) and Neve Campbell. Now... not sure.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Does a modern romance stand a chance when it starts somewhere in the middle?

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Nine months, give or take a week. It was my brain baby!


 
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Another toughie. I don't read to compare, so I'm not sure on this one.
 
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Rick, my rower, and the friend who shook me up a bit (pity it was quite a few years too late). I still wonder what happened to him after he walked off in the swirling snow that night...


 
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
It's a realistic story, with believable situations, great banter and other dialogue, and a sweet/hot romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment